MAS Movement LLC’s first official sale was a huge success. My team and I still have plenty of work to do to clear away what was left. Charity, scrap metal, hazardous waste, eBay and general recycling have yet to be sorted, we have a few days of work ahead before we can broadcast our final numbers.
But what a weekend! Summer is in full swing… vacations to look forward to, landscape projects coming to fruition, calendar booked with clients and then HICCUPS. Family illness effects our travel. A major storm thwarts our backyard plans. And a single job takes twice as long as expected causing cancellations. Am I just complaining about being too busy? Certainly no complaints here, but a great opportunity to revisit the “margin” in my schedule
What is “margin”?
Margin is the space between our load and our limits and is related to our reserves and resilience. It is a buffer, a leeway, a gap; the place we go to heal, to relate, to reflect, to recharge our batteries, to focus on the things that matter most. (http://www.richardswenson.org/books/bookmargin.html)
10 ways to increase your margin…
- Starting right – meditation, prayer – first things, first
- Prioritize your Life
- Make sure your priorities line up with your desires
- Stop unnecessary time wasters
- Work smarter
- Schedule time to organize
- Create/Use a system to define what are priorities
- Don’t say yes to everything, you will eventually have to say no – so instead say, ” let me check my calendar.” or “let me think about it”
- A B C
- important/urgent, important/nonurgent, urgent/mot important, not urgent/not important
- need to, want to, would like to…
- Schedule downtime
- Evaluate your schedule often.
I would love to hear how you maintain the margin in your life. Please comment below or on our facebook page!
Want to keep up with what’s happening around here?
Get our newsletter,
check out our website
become a fan
We will post info about upcoming classes, recycling events and our work on TLC’s Hoarders: Buried Alive – so stay tuned!
Contact us today to book your FREE one hour consultation and find out more about our package pricing and maintenance plans.